We are a group of serial entrepreneurs, technologists and fintech experts fuelled by our ambition to take the European market by storm and disrupt the retail stock trading space with a truly commission-free trading app. Having founded the company just a few months ago, we are well funded and have assembled a team of experienced alumni from various industry giants such as Wise (TransferWise), Revolut, Robinhood and Pipedrive.
We’re still at the early stages of designing our architecture and finalising the selection of our toolset, so you’ll play a key role in helping us lay the building blocks for the overall platform. Our technical environment consists primarily of Java 14+, Spring Framework (SpringBoot), Jooq, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, React/Next.js, Flutter for Mobile, and we will look to you to enhance our technologies further. For the Backend we are looking for a Java expert with strong product skills.
What’s in it for you?
As an early Product Engineer, and a core team member, you will have the unique task of building the main pillars of our trading platform. You’ll identify resource needs, and together with the CTO, select the appropriate tools and establish internal protocols that enable a smooth, cross-platform, continuous delivery environment. You’ll have the freedom to share ideas and have lasting impact in our organisation. We offer a competitive startup package, a chic office in London 🇬🇧or Tallinn 🇪🇪, an accelerated professional growth path, and the opportunity to work with an international team!
What you will do:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers to create great user experiences and build our customer facing application.
- Develop high performance applications and continuously enhance our suite of technologies in use.
- Conduct code reviews for future team members and take end-to-end ownership, from development to production.
Your skills and expertise:
- 3+ years of professional experience, excellent handle of modern Java and a practical knowledge of Spring.
- Strong product skills - having built a previous startup or app is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Event Sourcing & CQRS.
- A true passion for unit and integration tests.
- You have a solid command of written and spoken English, which you use to communicate clearly and succinctly with other members of the team. You are comfortable writing reports and documentation.
Your character traits:
- Startup mentality: you are a team player but can just as well work autonomously and lead your own projects when needed.
- Influencer: you are able to communicate your ideas clearly and have a convincing business case for new initiatives you propose.
- Communicator: you are able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Open minded: you are always ready to explore new approaches to development, new technologies, and ideas from other members of the team.
- User-centric: you have a strong interest in user experience and you always put the customer at the centre of your decisions.
- Growth mentality: you are passionate about what you do and eager to learn and grow with us.