Who we are
We’re on a mission to make investing better for everyone in Europe. More specifically, we’re making it light years better (sorry… we had to!). We’re combining multi-currency accounts with unlimited access to global markets so that everyone in Europe can invest freely without sneaky hidden fees or unnecessary barriers.
Over the last 18 months, we’ve grown from being just an idea to a regulated business in both the UK & the EU, launching in 20 countries and raising $35M along the way. And we’ve hired a team of 30 people from some of the best fintechs in Europe.
We’ve got a stellar group of investors behind us including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sir Richard Branson, Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Jaan Tallinn, Sten Tamkivi, Eileen Burbidge as well as a host of angel investors. In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A round and have been covered in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider and City AM.
What you’ll do
- Spearhead analytics and data science functions in Lightyear and have ownership of data pipeline and analytics platform
- Work with our growth team to identify optimal growth opportunities across different paid and organic channels. Set up measurement and reporting frameworks for our marketing channels, unit economics and identify optimal customer acquisition cost for each
- Work with product and research teams to understand our customers behaviours inside our app, analyse customer segments, and help optimise conversion, engagement and retention of the product.
- Work with operations and finance teams on measuring operational efficiency, capital requirements and risk metrics
Ideal skills & experience
- University degree of a quantitative nature (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar).
- 4+ years of experience working in similar analytics or data science roles
- You have advanced SQL skills and experience working with statistical packages and tools (e.g. Python pandas/MATLAB etc).
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Understanding of and experience with statistical methodologies, including experiment designs and A/B testing.
- You have experience with data visualisation tools (Metabase, Looker, Tableau or similar) and demonstrated storytelling ability with data.
- Exceptional written and spoken English. You’ll be chatting to our customers, partners and of course the rest of the team on a daily basis.
- An understanding of financial services and the investment world is an advantage, but it’s not required. A willingness to learn about it is a must, though!
What you’ll get
💵 A competitive startup package with equity ownership
💪 Ownership for building out our analytics function and truly grow in your role
📍 Offices in central London (Spitalfields) and Tallinn (Kalamaja)
🏡 A flexible approach to working remotely
☕️ All the usual office facilities, including free tea, coffee & snacks
🐶 Both our offices are dog friendly (20% distracting, but 100% cute: see here)
🚲 Cycling or running to work? We’ve got showers, bike storage and lockers
✈️ Quarterly team socials all together